Copy Protection/Serial Key

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Copy Protection/Serial Key

Makepool(Posted 2007) [#1]
My project is coming to the end and we're in the process of getting published but the issue of copy protection has come up. My publisher has suggested using ExeCryptor so the game can be limited to working only with a valid serial key. Unfortunately ExeCryptor requires some code to be placed into the source files, this is easy for most programming languages but of course Blitz3D is not included. Does anybody know of a way to make this work as having tested the free trial version ExeCryptor looks like a very clean, straightforward and unbloated solution compared to other software I have looked at, it's also the cheapest at 185USD for the top license.

If nobody knows of a solution does anybody know of any good alternatives?

http://www.strongbit.com/execryptor.asp

Kev(Posted 2007) [#2]
Makepool,

i wrote BlitzLockIT its an anti-crack library for Blitz3D. it requires no external code as its all included within a single blitz include.

heres a little info. it offers protection for all standard debuggers, ie OLLYDBG, Debuggy. ect... every debugger tested is detected. it also offers support for softice detection.

contact me if you require more info. your own serial key generation would be protected using BlitzLockIT.

kev

Carolinaaa(Posted 2007) [#3]
And does it allow to set up limitations of use for trial versions, like 30 days, etc? If not possible, does anyone know how to do it with blitz3d and also compatible with Windows Vista?

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#4]
Kev, I thought BlitzLockIt wasn't finished - that work on WinBlitz3D has taken precedence. Does this mean it's finished and ready? Any link?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#5]
@Carolinaaa,
the .dll version did offer trial version support, however the .dll version is no longer in development.

@John,
BlitzLockIT's anti-crack section called SecureCORE is complete and runs in self-modifying asm code. asm byte code is stored in a bank before being executed, therefore is possable to encript and decript before use. anti-crack .exe patch protection is not finsihed and most likey wont ever get finished. Blitz3D compiled .exe under BlitzLockIT's SecureCORE would stop all but the most determined software crackers.

finaly i had decided not to sell BlitzLockIT but keep it private, however this could change if there was enough interest.

kev

Danny(Posted 2007) [#6]
interest = interest + 1

Kev(Posted 2007) [#7]
Hi Danny, and Guys!

if you want BlitzLockIT it could be made available to you for a fair price, support included. :)

kev

Danny(Posted 2007) [#8]
A fair price is a fair offer; tough to argue about that one :)

Thanks kev, it's good to know there's something like that out there! I'll defenitly keep it in mind and contact you when I get to that stage!

Danny
p.s. I'm a guy as well! yeah pretty sure about that! ;)p

Kev(Posted 2007) [#9]
no problem danielle? woops danny, you know i see now you point it out :P

kev