B3D Pipeline Scene Root disable

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D Pipeline Scene Root disable

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..well..I just cant get it disabled in B3D pipeline export window..its marked like shaded black color and I can change status (enable/disable)..its really cousing me a problems becouse if I export my animation (few of them) with Sceene root, LoadAnimSeq just not blending animations except main one , done by loadanimmesh and even then I have to go with Findchild and grab anim mesh name and then animate it...its really annoying me a lot..how to do this guys?? How to disable this Sceene root and what is eventually done so its 'black marked" so I cant change it??

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Maybe you can remove it with a third party B3D utility, eg. TweakB3D. You may also check the B3D to XML code in the archives that may be used to lay out the file structure, and/or write your own little utility.

Of course it would be easier to just click the pipeline checkbox. I don't know anything about that.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#3]
I thought you *had* to export the root? Thats what I remember anyway- if you managed not to it would cock up...

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#4]
Everything in the scene must be in a hierachy which links to one root, if not a scene root will be added eg

- represents a link

example1
head-neck-torso-pelvis would not need a sceneroot as everything links to pelvis in the hierachy.

example
walla-ground
wallb-0;no parent
wallc-wallb

when this is exported a scene root needs to be added as their will be two groups of entites without a common parent
so it would endup being

walla-ground-sceneroot
wallc-wallb-sceneroot

ps not to good at explaining but i hope it helps.

chi(Posted 2007) [#5]
if you got more than one object in your scene you cant disable scene root... collapse all to one object and you can.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#6]
Naughty Alien,

Have a look into hiding objects you don't need, like helpers and stuff. Pipeline only exports things which are not hidden.

IPete2.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#7]
..problem sorted out..actually it was my mistake..hierarchy of bones didnt contain name of the root, so its cousing multiple chunks of animations within one file..thats why I was unable to disable sceene root..now, its working just fine...thanks for your support guys..