LoadAnimSeq - is there a limit?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/LoadAnimSeq - is there a limit?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hiya,

There is no limit on this command is there?

I have got to the fourth animation sequence and it refuses to give me a handle for the fourth loaded sequence.

Global QA_run=LoadAnimSeq(player,"Q_run.b3d") ; load sequence one
Global QA_walk=LoadAnimSeq(player,"Q_walk.b3d") ; load sequence two
Global QA_idle1=LoadAnimSeq(player,"Q_idle_1.b3d") ; load sequence three
Global QA_halt=LoadAnimSeq(player,"Q_halt.b3d") ; load stop running - which is sequence four
Print QA_halt
WaitKey()

The print QA_halt results in 0, I was expecting 4.

IPete2.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#2]
no limit you should run into.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#3]
QA_halt should return 4. There must be a problem with the Q_halt.b3d file.
If you convert the file to XML using the b3d2xml code in the archives you should be able to detect the problem.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
I thought not...

This is really strange, when I put the halt anim second in the list it loads fine. Put it at the end and it loads badly, reporting no animation sequence number.

I would like to know whats going on here, but I have solved it for now by loading it in a different order.

IPete2

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#5]
do the other animations return 4 when you place them last?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
so far no limits here..I use to blend 25 animseq without any problems..

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#7]
(tu) sinu,

When placed last, the stop animation gives me a zero which is obviously wrong, yet when placed second it gives me a 2. It is mighty odd. When in second place it animates just fine though so as long as it continues to work I guess thats onk. I don't like surprises though so I would like to know why it is wrong.

I am seeing the animator on Monday and I have another issue with the way the mesh has exported out of Max (via Pipeline). It is facing the correct way before I animate it, but when it is animated it flips around and faces the reverse direction. Not sure why yet.

@Naughty Alien thats great to know there is no limit to anim sequences. I only have four so far but I intend to have upto 10-15.

IPete2.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2007) [#8]
I have been loading alot too and i never get this issue.
Keep us posted if you figure it out.
The animations should be facing the same way as the mesh, it seems wierd not to do so.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ricky,

Just noticed your idea to convert it to XML, I will try this just to see what it looks like! Thanks for the suggestion.

IPete2.