Blitz3d Install Files

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3d Install Files

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#1]
I tried recently to contact Blitz Support to reobtain my install files for Blitz 3D, and I'm afraid they aren't listening to me. I tried it a few months ago and never got a reply. I've been using the contact tab and setting it to Blitz Support and I wonder if there might just be a problem with that. A lot of people I noticed before had better results if they left a note on the board, so I'm trying that as well. I know it usually takes a week and it's really only been three business days, but as I said, they did pass me by last time and I gave up. Anyway. I guess I'm just complaining in general, masking some attention getting.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#2]
Why do you need install files? Do you not have the CD it was downloaded to when you bought it anymore?

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#3]
I bought Blitz3D in 2004, just before I started learning C++. The computer I was using didn't have a CDRW on it and hadn't paid extra to get a CD of it sent to me. When I get it now I'm going to burn it to a CD immediately so that I can actually use it in case my computer crashes (I hope not.. it's brand new). So I haven't got the files that I downloaded three years ago.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#4]
How do we know you actually bought Blitz3D? Oh, nevermind. If you didn't have Blitz3D you wouldn't be posting. Right? Because it asked me to register my Blitz3D before I could post.

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#5]
Well, there is that. And I've got a spot in the code archives for a (probably now useless) random access file utilities (probably adapted from C++) some three years ago. I'm surprised it's still there ( http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=994 )

popcade(Posted 2007) [#6]
If you register this site with your BUID, you have access to the updates, and it should be able work as proof that you have bought Blitz3D.

So BUID is your identifier for support.

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#7]
I gave them my registration number for my copy of B3d. I don't think I have anything else. I registered three years ago, so I can't remember what was involved in the process. I can't find any e-mails from Blitz, so I don't remember what they sent me. I probably deleted it because the download link was only temporary.

What is a BUID anyway?

Ked(Posted 2007) [#8]
Blitz User ID, I think. Not positive.

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#9]
That's what I guess. I've heard of it used before, but I can't figure out what it refers to. To me, I would think that's my login name. *shrugs* Anyway, I still haven't heard from Blitz at all.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#10]
Look under your account details on the site and I think you will find your BUID is the value listed against the appropriate product on the page where you can select 'register product' - it will show the other BUIDs you have.

TygerWulf(Posted 2007) [#11]
Oh, ok. I sent them that then.