WinBlitz3D just got browser gadgets

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D just got browser gadgets

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi guys

Ive just finished adding internet browser support to wb3d and wonder if you have some time for testing. full url navigation is included. anyway this is also just to keep you guys updated on wb3d v1.1 status. ive managed to get lots fixed and more updated.

a public beta version can be downloaded over on winblitz3d's site should you have the time for some testing.

a simple .exe example available here.
http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/BrowserTest.zip

*EDIT .exe example now allows for better testing, in that a edit field for url changing as been added.

kev

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#2]
Kev,

The browser object appears to work perfectly.

Well done - I've seen other attempts at this, which worked only on certain machines etc.
You seem to have cracked it.
This would also be useful for in-product html-based help files.

When will it be added into winBlitz3D?

b32(Posted 2007) [#3]
Seems to be working fine!

Kev(Posted 2007) [#4]
@john, its already in public beta v1.1, see winblitz3d forums.

@b32, thanks.

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
lol. Sorry I bugged you so much about this! I'm not at my house right now so I can't yet try it. But I expect it will be great!

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#6]
Kev - thanks, got it. Good work!

JoeGr(Posted 2007) [#7]
The example works fine for me.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#8]
thanks Ked&JoeGr.

im currently looking into gadget resize and layout slots, these will enable you to resize and manage gadget leyouts in realtime, more news soon.

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#9]
You mean like when you resize the window and the gadgets resize inside also?

BlitzPlus Ex:
SetGadgetLayout gadget,1,1,1,1

EDIT: there was a bug I wanted to report but I can't remember it... or was it a question?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#10]
Ked, yes although under winblitz3d these are slots eg. WB3D_AddGadgetLayoutSlot()

EDIT: there was a bug I wanted to report but I can't remember it... or was it a question?

once you rember fire away :)

kev

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#11]
hi did you look into the problem I had where the window wasnt the same size as the blitz window?

also is there a way to center the winblitz window on the screen?

thanks

Ked(Posted 2007) [#12]

This is based off of BlitzPlus' CenterWindow() function.

Function CenterWindow(title$,width,height,group,style)
     x=WB3D_GadgetWidth(Desktop())
     y=WB3D_GadgetHeight(Desktop())
     x=x/2-width/2
     y=y/2-height/2
     Return WB3D_CreateWindow(title$,x,y,width,height,group,style)
End Function

That's what I use.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#13]
Hi Chunkations.

hi did you look into the problem I had where the window wasnt the same size as the blitz window?

i recall this problem but not clearly, can you explain again. sorry!

*EDIT see Ked's example :)

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#14]
@Kev:
Okay, I remember now what I wanted to report.

On the function
Navigate(url$,result)
I kept getting the error of "Invalid Gadget Handle." But when I put the handle of the browser in the result place I don't get an error. Was I supposed to do that to begin with?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#15]
Ked,

Having just looked over the docs for lbbrowse3.dll, Navigate() would return no value. please consider that browser contols are still beta and so there syntax will possably change.

I kept getting the error of "Invalid Gadget Handle." But when I put the handle of the browser in the result place I don't get an error. Was I supposed to do that to begin with?

can your repoduce this, i as of yet ive not seen that error, please rember that 'lbbrowse3.dll' is a freeware .dll coded by 'Alyce Watson' hence i would need to possably forward bug's that way.

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#16]
I was just testing out the Browser control but I don't have really an example. But it was similar to this:
If event=WB3D_EVENT_GADGET
     gadget=WB3D_EventSource()
     If gadget=gobutton Then
          Navigate GetGadgetText$(urlbox),browser
     EndIf
EndIf

EDIT: That example DIDN'T cause the error. But if I left it 0 there was an error.

Will there be a DesktopBuffer() command also? I was just looking through the BlitzPlus manual and thought that that would be a good function for WinBlitz3D. But I was just wondering.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#17]
Ked

does this example work?
http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107

Will there be a DesktopBuffer() command also? I was just looking through the BlitzPlus manual and thought that that would be a good function for WinBlitz3D. But I was just wondering.

is possable but what uses what having access to the desktop DC have? winblitz3d has little commands for directly drawing to a windows DC.

ok my turn, redownload the latest beta this adds function for auto layout of gadgets, aka WB3D_AddGadgetLayoutSlot()

ok take the resizng would having access to resize gadgets on the top and on the left, ie the gadget will be pushed away form either the top or left while the parent window is resizng. be of any use?

*EDIT WB3D_AddGadgetLayoutSlot() is still buggy!

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#18]
Kev: yes it works.

I'm trying the resizing thing now.

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#19]
whenever I created a winblitz3d window it was always a bit smaller than a blitz3d window created with the same numbers,e.g.800,600,
whevener I draw an image at the bottom of the screen e.g.500,590 it goes off the edge instead of touching the edge

Kev(Posted 2007) [#20]
@Ked, great that the example works.

@Chunkations, yes now i rember. looking into this for next beta.

kev

Snader(Posted 2007) [#21]
Works fine, TAB-key doesn't work though.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#22]
Snader,

yes im aware TAB-key does not function. looking into if this is a wb3d problem or lbbrowse3.dll problem.

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#23]
Kev: the LayoutSlots are a little weird. When I resize the bottom of the window they become very small. When I maximize the window they don't move.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#24]
Ked, yes i edited a post above to say there still buggy.

kev