Shadow Systems DX7

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Shadow Systems DX7

tsmpaul(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi all. I've tried some shadow system demos from these forums, and can't find any that work on my computer. They all want to run DX7 functions, or something, and I just get error messages. Can anyone recommend a shadow system that uses DX8 or DX9?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
dx8 and 9 usually supports dx7. It seems you made something wrong. Did you try to run the code? If so then I guess you need to set up the decls files for the dx7 wrapper dll that may be part of the demo.

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#3]
for example my shadow system (i guess you tried it)
please tell me what error message exactly appears and on which line.

tsmpaul(Posted 2007) [#4]
Okay, let's try Devil Shadow. When I load any of the Sample files, say "Sample 1 - A few casters.bb", when I run it, it immediately brings up "DevilShadowSystem.bb" in a second editor window, and says function 'dx7_setsystemproperties' not found, and points to the first program line of below.

;Init DirectX7
If DX7_SetSystemProperties(SystemProperty("Direct3D7"), SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7"), SystemProperty("DirectDraw7"), SystemProperty("AppHWND"), SystemProperty("AppHINSTANCE")) Then RuntimeError "Error initializing dx7."

I've tried using versions DSS_1.5U and DSS_1.OF and get the same error message with them.

b32(Posted 2007) [#5]
You are prob. missing the userlib ? If so, copy the .dll and .decls file into the c:\program files\blitz3d\userlibs folder. This will make the missing commands available.
When exporting your project, copy the .dll along with your .exe.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#6]
B32 is right. In this demo the files are located in the demos folder "userlibs". copy the decls file to the (real) userlibs folder (see blitz3D installation path!) and the 2 DLL files to the folder where the demo sourcecodes are located.

Maybe a little confusing, DC :o)

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#7]
i would have told you that if i was awake, too

tsmpaul(Posted 2007) [#8]
Thanks guys :) Got it working! I didn't know about copying userlibs into BlitzBasic's directory. Explains a lot of things.