Web Cam & Blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Web Cam & Blitz3d

CyberPackRat(Posted 2007) [#1]
I would like to view a feed from a web cam hooked up to the computer and snap pictures individually. I have seen some Blitz+ and Blitz Max code but I can not figure how to convert them to work.

I have used some Free stop motion software, and I would like to create my own in Blitz3d.

Any takers?

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
Have you looked at this topic:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66929
?

CyberPackRat(Posted 2007) [#3]
Strange how I overlooked that thread. I did a search and read everything I thought...

anyways, I tried it out and it ALMOST worked. I had to go somewhere and came back and tried the other program... it worked... sort of, then I tried the other one and it suddenly worked.

Thanks for the link BTW, very much appreciated.

In the

CyberPackRat(Posted 2008) [#4]
I really need to learn to back up stuff. My hard drived crashed last week and so far I can't seem to recover anything, which really stinks because I came up with a little proggy that did just what I wanted and now it is gone.

Back to square one.

Anyone know how to get the grab the Web Cam image and display it in the same window as the blitz program? Not a seperate window but the same. I did it, months ago and now I don't know how.

The program was cool but "cheap". You used a game controller to snap pictures and to control to scroll thru the frames you have already snapped so you could preview or resnap pictures and when you were done it would save all the frames to the hard drive.

One of the options turned the "live feed" off and on, which would speed up blitz when you scrolled through the frames. Damned if I know where I got some of that code though!

Help!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#5]
Maybe in the code archives?

BTW congratulation you just learnt the hard way how useful a quick copy of a .bb file on a usb stick can be. ;)

CyberPackRat(Posted 2008) [#6]
LOL!