image display issues

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/image display issues

Gillissie(Posted 2007) [#1]
A player of my game sent me a screenshot to show how some parts of the screen were drawn all glitchy. This is the only report of this issue, so I don't think my code is wrong. It only seems to happen with images created using CreateImage(). What is happening is it looks like graphics from some image buffers are spilling over into other images. Has anyone had problems with this, particularly with certain video cards or drivers?

Gillissie(Posted 2007) [#2]
Also possibly related, a user once reported that some issues were corrected when he lowered his hardward acceleration level by one notch on the "Troubleshoot" tab on the advanced video properties dialog. Has anyone had any experience with this?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#3]
Most likely a combination of non-square, non-^2 texures and a crap graphics card.

Gillissie(Posted 2007) [#4]
No, I'm not talking about textures, I'm talking about images (LoadImage, not LoadTexture). And it's not a crap video card... it's a new card, the NVIDIA 8800 GTX.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
I've had problems with blitz3d, but not blitzplus, for images (not textures) which are more than 8 times wider than they are high or which are extremely large images, that should fit in video memory, but which become corrupted. This has been the case when I've used createimage.