Best GUI

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Best GUI

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#1]
Which is the BEST GUI for Blitz3D? (combining 3D viewport capabilities)

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#2]
FUI3D is really cool... ultra fast, with a lot of options... the unique same is the poor documentation and lack of examples, but the GUI rocks! it also has a GUI designer tool. This GUI has another 2D version. It's the one I'm using currently.

Another posibility is the Jeppe Nielsen GUI (www.gameart,dk), also very fast and as occurs with FUI3D, with a lot of gadgets, 3D accelerated... pretty cool but not for free.

Jeppe Nielsen has a older one, called AlphaGUI, more oriented to game menus and interfaces, not tools..

Devils Child has another one, free and fast, very prowerful, but as far as I know, without gui designer tool (maybe someone can check this)

You can find more information at the toolbox section, and as far as I can remember, there exist another post with the same title started some months ago... look for it in this forum.

regards!

Danny(Posted 2007) [#3]
Go for winBlitz3D, It's free and you get all the basic gadgets you have in any other windows program.

check out:
www.winblitz3d.co.uk

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#4]
Sprite Candy!

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#5]
If your app is windowed and you want GUI for an editor or so ... then Winblitz3D since it's native windows GUI. It is surely the fastest option. Now if you want GUI overlay style (game menus or so) then FUI3D is good, Sprite candy is good also.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#6]
yes, I forgot spritecandy!... it's really good and have a lot of features beyond the gui

regards.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#7]
WinBlitz3D all the way.

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#8]
WinBlitz3d

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I have to notice the following:
1) I am fan of Sprite Candy but its GUI system supports only the basics. For example you can't have any menus only gadgets. Besides I found some problems when using the Sprite Candy library with render tweening technique(correct me if I am wrong)
2) WinBlitz3D it is very good also but every program of Blitz3D that uses native windows user interface through DLL freezes its display output when lost the focus from another OpenGL or D3D windowed application
3) FUI3D looks nice but I didn't see a sample with GUI and 3D objects running together in the Lite version

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#10]
BlitzUI Rocks..provided with easy to use Editor for building whole GUI environment, its just rocks..and its free