WinBlitz3D v1.1 demo

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D v1.1 demo

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi.

Guys can you try this to see if the both windows in the example close clean. (you dont get an error or have to task manger and close the process)

so whats new?
some new features, rebars being the main one. extra commands for textarea gadget and some fixes will be in version 1.1. (see example download for some of them features)

whats this all about?
hopfully ive managed to support cleaner shut downs than WB3D_SetQuitMessage() this means that blitz3d's own window now generates the WB3D_EVENT_WINDOW_CLOSE message. it would now enable users to write config files before winblitz3d closes. even better quit messages than using WB3D_SetQuitMessage()

Download!

thanks
kev

Pudding(Posted 2007) [#2]
Works great here!

Looking forward to the new release!

-Pudding

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yes - worked for me - very nice.

Personally, I haven't yet used WinBlitz3D - even when you made it free. However, I am planning on having a go on it. It does look very good.

Pudding(Posted 2007) [#4]
Spoke too soon:

If I use the new dll in one of my projects, I get an error on closing the window:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Blitz3d\bin\blitzcc.exe

abnormal program termination

I only get the error when running from the ide in debug mode (not when running an executable).

EDIT: although maybe I jumped the gun testing this dll on existing code!!

EDIT: again, probably jumping the gun, but the new dll on an existing project makes the frame rate slower and jerky...

-Pudding

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#5]
Works fine for me :)

Kev(Posted 2007) [#6]
thanks guys.

@Pudding. hey! wait :)
this new .dll requires a little modifcation of your code, you need to remove WB3D_SetQuitMessage() and handle the close window event from within WB3D_EVENT_WINDOW_CLOSE yourself.

for example in the wb3d_waitevent() loop

Case WB3D_EVENT_WINDOW_CLOSE

; wb3d_eventsource hold the handle to the window that close button was selected
			window = WB3D_EventSource()
			Select window

Case RuntimeWindow_hWnd
					; set the flag to leave the loop.
					QUIT = 1

Case example_window

; set the flag to leave the loop.
					QUIT = 1

End Select

kev

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#7]
Works perfect here

Ked(Posted 2007) [#8]
I'm confused on what needs to be changed in the source. Do I need to change the decls? Or just put the new DLL in? What new attributes did you put on the textarea? What is the new way we need to call them?

Sorry about all the questions.

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#9]
thanks for the update,
small question, when the program crashes due to poor programing on my part, winblitz makes my system increasingly unstable,
is there anyway of making winblitz shut itself down like blitz does when there is a blitz error?

edit-the demo says 'unknown runtime exception' on win98

Kev(Posted 2007) [#10]
@Ked, theres nothing to edit. this realy is a simple test to see how the new shutdown of winblitz3d and blitz3d handles, when version 1.1 is ready i will be sure to post info here. the reason for posting the source was to show pudding that the user now handles the shutdown of winblitz3d.

@Chunkations, Ive sent you an email. error detection is one of the new feature being tested. although its somewhat hacked.

thanks
kev

JoeGr(Posted 2007) [#11]
Kev, firstly let me say its great that you're still working on this. Both windows close properly for me. The only thing I noticed is that when I click the 'OK' button to quit, a small window appears momentarily then disappears. It looks the same size as the first window that usually pops up when you run a Blitz program. But I've never seen this happen on closing before. I'm curious to know what's going on there.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#12]
JoeGr.

Yes i see it while closing the winblitz3d created window, the blitz3d window closes fine. This is when calling EndGraphics the display closes in that way. without EndGraphics they both close in the same way without the black window. This maybe the new quit handler thats the cause.

kev

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#13]
WB3D_AddRebarContainer seems to be the command that crashes it, according to the debugger

Kev(Posted 2007) [#14]
heres the start of skinning under winblitz3d, the bitmap is scanned and then the window is clipped to the shape of it.

this still requires a little work, but please test and see. modify the bitmap and see the window change shape.

http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/WB3D_Skining.zip

kev

slenkar(Posted 2007) [#15]
look good! just out of interest...
Are skins native to the windows gui or is it a hack?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#16]
Chunkations.

Ive hacked it in, when skinning we have to make use of region's, there for because the skin needs rendering each time winblitz3d generates a redraw event(new in v1.1) we cant use standard winapi gadgets within the skinned window and so new commands will be added to enable full skinning of gadgets using bitmaps.

kev

Ked(Posted 2007) [#17]
Hey, will the HTMLView Gadget be in the next update of WinBlitz3D?