Windows Vista 64 bits

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windows Vista 64 bits

Carolinaaa(Posted 2007) [#1]
Does anyone know if the apps created with Blitz 3d work with the 64 bits version of Windows Vista?

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#2]
nothing works in windows vista.
a friend of mine lost his cpu, mainboard AND the hd by testing vista.

kfprimm(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thats not true. He obviously has, or had i should say, a crappy computer. Blitz3D works fine.

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi,
I've not Windows Vista, but I know a lot of people, as happens with Devils Child's friend, testing Vista and losing data, talking about a lot of problems with drivers, HD problems... and a lot more... The word I would use could be "bizarre"...
Don't know if Blitz works properly, but I'm sure Vista is very unstable right now and is very risky to install, at least in your main computer.

regards!

Wings(Posted 2007) [#5]
Well Hastala Vista windows :)

GfK(Posted 2007) [#6]
Oh God, here we go again.... :/

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#7]
and what about this?
http://forum.devil-engines.net/viewtopic.php?t=11

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#8]
Cant we get a sticky article that as of now blitz 3d + vista does function correctly? Ive been using blitz3d on vista ultimate since november without any issues. Anyone upgrading to vista either will have to shell out for NICE hardware or suffer... vista=carp.... yes carp... waiting for sp 2 hehe.

MikeP (Dark Mist Software)(Posted 2007) [#9]
No offense, but if you're hardware is going bad its not Vistas fault, its yours. Probably downloading stuff and getting viruses and stuff. VISTA IS FINE! I have had no problems, and I've used a couple betas, the candidate release 1, and now upgraded to it. Its PERFECT, FAST, and VERY STABLE! Blitz works just fine too!

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#10]
I work for IBM and have been testing this thing on many, many machines and creating images for deployment etc. Its not as "PERFECT" as you may think. yes it runs blitz just great, but why sacrifice hardware for a flippin gui? Osx runs all that crap with special effects just fine on an 800mhz with software rendering. If I upgrade my hardware its for applications and the likes to utilize it, not my OS's gui.

MikeP (Dark Mist Software)(Posted 2007) [#11]
Its all a matter of oppinion really, but it runs fine on most computers sold today. 1GB RAM and a modern CPU is more than enough for it, and still be able to play games. When you start it up from shutdown its at the desktop within 30 seconds ready to use (on my 3 year old Athlon 64 3400+ with 1GB RAM). And I mean ready to use, its still loading startup programs in the background, but it doesn't "lag" like XP and older. The start menu works perfectly while its loading, and programs open instantly.