Make words fly out of a cylinder...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Make words fly out of a cylinder...

Blitzplotter(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, I've played a little with wings3d and am considering trying to make some words appear to fly out of a cylinder type shape on it's end, almost like words jumping out of a up ended pipe. Has anyone attempted something like this before in B3D, if so have you any pointers to relevant threads ?

regards, BP.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#2]
Erm well. Just create a cylinder and the letters in wings then just load them into blitz and move them accordingly.

What help do you need?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2007) [#3]
Well, it's been a while since I worked with B3D, I did start of there prior to delving into BMax. Produced an alphabet superimposed on cylinders which would rotate thru 360 degrees whne selected, prior to moving up to the top of the screen to form a string. It's been a while however.....

My initial idea was to have 3d letters flying out of the cylinder in an arch (almost like they're being tossed out of the cylinder), which would require a path akin to something which is in the middle of the cylinder as far as the z plane is concerned. The scale of the entities would potentially be 10 to 20 percent of the full size when they first become visible from the cylinder, reaching full size once the letters have formed two words above and one below the cylinder.

Ambitious , but I am sure it is possible. I've always enjoyed toying around in wings3D, I enjoyed creating a 'deathstar', that had a few of the sides extruded as if corridors had been attached to it. (:-). It is fair to say my BMax project takes the lion share of my blitz time, but I am interested in developing a 'company intro logo' with B3D. I intend to capture the 'animation' if you like and save it as a 'movie' file. I'd problems with optimising BLitz3D for low end systems before (probably thru my ignorance.../ lack of time) hence my choice to 'save' the animation that I (may) produce.

Thanks in advance for any tips in path generation tools that scale an entity as it moves, I appreciate this can be coded - and it may well be the route I take.

BP.