Free3DSound missing?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Free3DSound missing?

xmlspy(Posted 2007) [#1]
I notice that you can load and emit 3d sounds, but how can you free them?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
with FreeSound.

xmlspy(Posted 2007) [#3]
ok, good to know

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
Since we're at it - I found it kind of confusing if Clearword would free 3D sounds or not. Are they 3D or are they sounds? :o)

Matty(Posted 2007) [#5]
According to the manual clearworld clears entities, brushes and textures so I don't think it would clear 3d sounds since they are not entities (nor brushes nor textures).

EDIT - just read your post, thought you were asking a question....oops

GfK(Posted 2007) [#6]
Well, just to clarify, ClearWorld does not clear sounds. Nor does setting a new graphics mode.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#7]
I guess ClearWorld will erase the Listener noless. What's gonna happen with the 3D sound that was attached to an emitter when the emitter was erased? Will it be frozen at the last 3D position of the emitter? Or doesn't it matter at all since I can't use EmitSound anyway?

Personally I'm, happy with unerased 3D sounds, so they allow me to optimize loading times.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#8]
If a listener is freed, sounds stop immediately.

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#9]
i had a program that would clearworld to load a next level, a emitted sound will continue to play from the emitters last location until it finishes. turns out you have to stop the 3dsounds yourself in code

completely misread the last post, yes if the listener is freed then the sound stops

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#10]
you're not the worst, Ben
some people even post in threads where the oldest post is 6 years old ie. 2002

Kryzon(Posted 2008) [#11]
you're not the worst, Ben
some people even post in threads where the oldest post is 6 years old ie. 2002

Ah, the commonly known grave-diggers.

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#12]
what a grim nickname
:)