Ashadow B3D caster doubt

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Ashadow B3D caster doubt

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi!
Someone using Ashadow library has projected shadows from a B3D model?
I would like to know if it is possible because all my attempts has failed.
I've tried with a .3DS with success, but with a .B3D it seems to ignore me completely.
I am not sure if it is because the model (I guess is not very possible) or because some parameter of function I am forgetting.

Thanks in advance!

regards,

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#2]
If Ashadow is a stencil lib then it's probably not possible to get shadows from an animated .b3d mesh simply because the vertex information is not easily available.

I'm sure the Devil system ran into the same issues.

Stevie

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi Stevie,

my curiosity just comes from an email that Andrey has sent to me this morning regarding a small question I asked him.

In his answer he pointed me to use .B3D or .3DS better than
.MD2, because he said that .MD2 format doesn't allow to access to vertex information.

I don't want to boring him with a lot of questions, that's because I prefer to ask in the forums first.

regards,

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
This has nothing to do with B3D vs 3DS. The reason why you got troubles with B3D could be that they are loaded with LoadAnimMesh. in this case the handle is a top parent pivot. You need to use its child entity instead. you may also use EntityClass$ to make sure to only use entities of the class "Mesh" for shadow stuff. EDIT oops kindof misunderstood question, however.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#5]
..regarding his library help file, it seems that according to commandset animated B3D is supported...on another side, I find it quite difficult to get any answer from Andrey since hes just not replying after some time, without significant explanation why...good library, very bad support from author..

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#6]
3ds and x animations are extremely simple! (just scan the bones recursive, tformpoint will do the rest)
b3d anims are exactly the same, but we cant access which vertices are attached to which bones!

in fact: there are also pretty 3ds anims. i saw a zombie model (anim) in 3ds format, and it were looking as pretty as a b3d model.

i dont like md2. its not even a mesh.