BlitzPlay internet use..

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BlitzPlay internet use..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..I would like to use BlitzPlay in my upcoming D platformer since its looking quite good and fast..I did try demo, and its working very well within LAN environment...in order to use it over internet, how to initially set up BlitzPlay?? Any existing user out there wanna share some info about it?? If so, I'll apprechiate it a lot....thank youu..

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
I tried blitzplay a while ago and played around with it for a few days. Finally, I wrote this and tested it over the internet.

It was a while ago, and I didn't really understood networking (still don't really get it), but I remember at one point we had to enable a port on the firewall.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
hmm..looking pretty much as demo i download...maybe firewall issue was reason why it wasnt work over internet..did you maybe try demo whats included with lite version trough internet?? I'll give it a try later to see is it actually firewall issue..

b32(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yes, that is what I did: I ran the (lite) demo, noticed some interpolation problems (ships went the wrong way) and tried to rebuild it. I was going to get back to this later on, but haven't gotten to it yet.
This might be very obvious, but for me it was a solution: with both this and the directplay examples I tried, I needed to enter a valid IP adres (for the host) to get it to work. First, I tried leaving the IP adres empty, which only worked locally.