upgrade beyond directx 7

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/upgrade beyond directx 7

ThomasD(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello. I read in another forum that blitz3d will never be ugraded to higher than directx 7. Is that true?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
Correct.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#3]
Blitz3D was released many years ago and a big lot of updates with new features were given away for free. As it is now it's a pretty complete tool for simple and stabile 3D stuff.

If there will ever be something that supports DirectX9 and modern shiny stuff then it may be BlitzMax with the Max3D extension (or as I call it sometimes: Blitz3D 2.0)

So this step won't be for free. The reason why is BlitzResearch LTD has to make some money like everyone else.

Noless, Blitz3D (1.98) is a very powerfull tool any will still be useful for many years.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
..we are using dx9 wrapper I did mention something about 1 year ago...nothing big, but few nice features what can bring nice shine to B3D programs...I keep it silent mostly becouse I was flamed when i mention about it...anyway, we are using it for upcoming 3D platformer we are working on some time already..I'll be happy to post demo so you can guys see it for yourself..

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#5]
is there a dx9 wrapper decls for blitz3d?
where?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
I dont know about any released dx9 wrapper..I was talking about things done with few folks I am working with..its actually just few things wrapped out of DX9, including some water shaders...

bytecode77(Posted 2007) [#7]
some day, i prommised to myself, i will make an ultra powerful 3d engine using c++ and then i will sell it.