Xemacs mode for Blitz3D.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Xemacs mode for Blitz3D.

oofoe(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this...

If anyone is interested, I have posted a first stab at a Blitz3D mode for Xemacs (a programmer's text editor) in the worklogs section. I think the link should be http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=8147&log=1410.
At this point, it is for Blitz3D on Windows only (that's what I've got...), but it shouldn't be hard to adapt for other packages.

This is my first try at doing an emacs mode -- it's not very pretty. It has also been an annoying experience. Suggestions and critiques appreciated. I only did this because I couldn't find a mode elsewhere. If you know of one, please post it!

Features:
* Syntax highlighting for Keywords, Builtins and Constants.
* Automatic indentation.

Bugs:
* Doesn't deal well with user defined functions.
* Indentation logic gets confused on if/else and select/case.

Todo:
* Fix indent bugs...
* Compile and run.
* Function index.

Not familiar with Xemacs? See www.xemacs.org.

Thanks!

RepeatUntil(Posted 2007) [#2]
Great! I am using Xemacs every day, but unfortunately not for Blitz... Maybe one day your mod will be useful to me though...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#3]
This may be useful the sooner or later. I am one of those guys who downloaded a hundred IDEs but none really worked for some reason, so this can't be wrong for me.

Maybe the else problem can be fixed if you declare it in both, the indent and the exdent list (not sure if it's named this way tho)