Mesh intersect problem (Visual matter).

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Mesh intersect problem (Visual matter).

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey,

Is there any technique to correct the visual problem when 2 meshes intersect with a similar angle?
Without remodelling the meshes but with this kind of configuration…
See the animated Gif, the water is jumpy:

Thanks.

Hujiklo(Posted 2006) [#2]
You'll have to tesselate the water mesh a little - I take it here you're just using a flat plane with minimum polys for the water? It's easy to add a few extra polys to a flat plane and it will help the z-sorting...play around with tesselation values until it starts behaving.

Having said this - it does look like the water mesh is actually moving!

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#3]
No, it isn't flat, but it is huge, I tried to increase the polys but it isn't really helping? arrgg damn it
The plane is created within blitz, I will try to model 1 via blender with high poly because the code crash if the created plane have too many polys...
Other ideas are welcome... ^^

Hujiklo(Posted 2006) [#4]
It isn't flat? So you're moving a wave through it or something like that?

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#5]
huummm it is flat, I meant it has more than 2 triangles.
it is static, it just reflect the sky. ^^

Hujiklo(Posted 2006) [#6]
Are you using a Blitz terrain? Perhaps the dynamic LOD is the cause of the problem? It certainly won't help if the polys are swapping and jumping about on the fly - I don't think you can help that problem unless you switch your terrain to static tiled meshes or soemthing .

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#7]
aaaah ok I see your point! I am gonna check in this direction, it may be it yeah!

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#8]
ok, I removed the morphing on the terrain, it keep doing wrong.. :/ I guess I will avoid beaches.. ^^
Thanks for the help, appreciate.

Hujiklo(Posted 2006) [#9]
..Or make smaller water meshes and use them sparingly. If the terrain is static and the water is static I can't understand why the problem is so noticeable. Maybe it's your video card - have you tested this on a different machine?

OverDozing(Posted 2006) [#10]
nope I didn't tested...
but huumm My terrain is actually moving.. ^^ arrg I guess I have no solution then.

Andy(Posted 2006) [#11]
>but huumm My terrain is actually moving.. ^^ arrg I guess
>I have no solution then.

Terrains always have pop-ins because it uses LOD. Increase detail level of terrain. Remember that the detail level is for the whole terrain and not just what you can see.

Andy