Vertex paint in max

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Vertex paint in max

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
..hi guys..maybe someone already experiance this so I will be happy to hear some suggestions..I did level in max, and then do additional vertex painting and when I try to export file with Pipeline, max just crushing..to be sure that vertex paint working fine, I did test with few planes, boxes and other primitives, texturize them and do paint, and export without any problem with vertex paint...and its working fine..so..what the heck is possible problem with my level?? Level export without vertex paint working fine..and I'm a bit confused..any max user here can help me??

Hujiklo(Posted 2006) [#2]
Can you view a preview of the file in the exporter? If yes and it simply crashes on export then you can have a successful export by doing this:
Simply click the 'preview' in the exporter.
After previewing quit out.
Then find where you placed the B3D exporter 'dle' file (usually in your plugins directory) inside your Max installed folder and locate the file 'temp.b3d.' inside this directory
Rename this file to what you want as it is a perfect exported file.

Sometimes I have the same problems with crashing on export, but if it previews then it's safely copied to you plugins directory as a temp.b3d!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
hmmm..I'lltry that out..interesting