Align To Vector Whoes

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Align To Vector Whoes

Neochrome(Posted 2006) [#1]
Im having problems with Align to vector
it keeps snapping to the grid

im making a car (its wheels) hit the map and then using the coords of the wheel pivots to align to the map. but the car wont rotate when i use AlignToVector.. is their any other method of this without using AlignToVector?? PLEASE I NEED HELPING

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
With AlignToVector you only align 1 axis at a time. You will need to have more than 1 call for align to ground ...

b32(Posted 2006) [#3]
In the b3d examples, there is an example called 'driver' that might be helpful. It shows a way to align a car to a terrain. First, the wheels are located on the terrain, then the car is aligned to the four wheels.

Neochrome(Posted 2006) [#4]
the driver code is what i used, but its not helpfull it still makes rotating the entity impossible!

is their another method?

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#5]
Using align to vector on the x and z axis should work just fine, providing the rotation of the vehicle is done with turnentity. Using rotateentity will undo all the alignment which I suspect you may be doing? Can you post some code?

An alternative approach would be this ...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=67

Another approach would be to use a single linepick and align to vector on the y axis only based on the pickednx, ny & nz. Not as accurate but may suit you needs.

Stevie

b32(Posted 2006) [#6]
You could maybe parent the car to a pivot (entityparent), and then use AlignToVector on the pivot ?

Nmuta(Posted 2006) [#7]
Btw, on a side note, the word is "woes". What you wrote looks like something else.

Hope you get it figured out...I'm dealing with some rotation issues myself ;)

Neochrome(Posted 2006) [#8]
@Stevie G
This is what exactly what i was after!!
i suck!! i cant do Tan2 calculations! lol Thanks again guys
www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=67