Parameters missing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Parameters missing

Drekinn(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've noticed the 'global' parameter description is missing from the following entity movement commands in the Blitz3D documentation:

- ScaleEntity
- TranslateEntity
- TurnEntity

From comparing the descriptions of the other movement commands I've got a good idea of its meaning, but I'd like to hear the official explanation, just to be certain.

Thanks.

b32(Posted 2006) [#2]
For TurnEntity, if you use the global parameter, the mesh is allways turned as if it was up-right. So for example using the Roll parameter will allways turn the object over the world's Z-axis.
I believe when you are using ScaleEntity and TranslateEntity when an entity is parented to another object, they will respond relative to the parent object. Using the global parameter will make these commands respond relative to world coordinates allways, no matter if the object is parented to another.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
As far as I know it works this way:

TranslateEntity with the global flag will translate it realtive to the world orientiation, that is non-rotated. When using the local flag instead, it will use the parents orientation as the world orientation.

Scaleentity will affect children, so when you use the global flag with the children, it will ignore the scaling of the parent. With the local flag it will multiply the parents scale by the childs scale when scaling the child.

Drekinn(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks for the help, but if no parent-child relationships exist...

(In this case, I'm assuming the entity's own local coordinates are used when the global parameter is false, and the world coordinates used when it's true.)

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#5]
When there is no parent both global and local coords are the same thing.

Stevie