Need someone to build us a demo

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Need someone to build us a demo

HarryH(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi - we need someone to help us to build a simple (but pretty) interactive demo for a new toy concept we are working on.

We make the Gametrak games control system and the forthcoming wireless Gametrak Fusion system, and have a small project which we would like to find a talented Blitz coder and artist team (ideally) to make a very simple demo for us. It should only be a few days work but, of course, we're looking to pay and hopefully will lead to other prototyping work if you enjoy working with us.

Anyone interested pls could you email me harry.holmwood@...?

If this should be on another forum my apologies - please could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Harry

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#2]
It should only be a few days work

Off to a good start, and very obviously seriously management, by already telling the coder(s) how long it will take for them to do their job.
I love these people.

RiverRatt(Posted 2006) [#3]
Harry, could we have some more information? What kind of programing are you talking about? Physics, 3d or 2d, rpg style, or fps?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#4]
I am also interested in your joboffering but want some more information before deciding wether it's for me or not.
I write it here instead of as an email as I think several in here would like alittle more.

regards

Andreas Jirenius

HarryH(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks RiverRatt, AJrenius....

Coding-wise, you need to put 1 (sometimes 2) 3D characters on the screen, and enable them to play one of a number of preset animations, the animation in question being triggered dependent upon what action a user makes with a (bespoke) game controller (which will basically read as a standard games controller but with X, Y and Z). The second character will be controlled by a second similar games controller. An example would be - make the character sit down if the controller is moved down. Make it jump up if the controller is moved up. We do not require animation blending or 'direct' fast control over the character- basically the character has to be seen to react to the user's input, not be instantly controlled by it. No physics, no movement around an environment (for now at least). This is not a game, it is just an onscreen character. It basically just needs to do cute stuff when you use the controller. This is a tech demo/feasibility test for us.

That's why it's a pretty straightforward coding job.

The animation/modelling work is the bigger task - so ideally we are looking for someone who can model something based around some pictures we will send, but be used to working with models/anims to import into Blitz.

Ideally, we'd get one team to do both together. If you could email me harry.holmwood@... if you have any more questions as the other details are confidential at this stage so I can't post them on here.

Thanks again

Harry

smilertoo(Posted 2006) [#6]
I can create animated characters as long as youre not aiming for extreme low poly, i suck at that...i just cant resist smoothing this corner, adding this tweak...etc. until the character uses 5000 polys.

John Pickford(Posted 2006) [#7]
Pah! Harry was one of those posh kids with a BBC B.

http://news.spong.com/article/11136

puki(Posted 2006) [#8]
Holmwood cheekily added, “By the way, the BBC Micro pissed all over the Spectrum.”

Well at least the Spectrum had a rubber keyboard to survive such a lame liquid attack from an inferior computer that just happened to be much bigger than it.

smilertoo(Posted 2006) [#9]
It was such a pointless arguement anyway, the C64 was better than them both.

John Pickford(Posted 2006) [#10]
Lolz