Animation and Blender

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Animation and Blender

Zach3D(Posted 2006) [#1]
Every time I make a model with animation with Blender, I export it as x and 3ds, neither work, when I try to animate them in blender, 3ds gives me errors saying "Mesh does not have animation" and x just doesnt load the model at all.
Here is my code:

[code]
Graphics3D 800,600
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
camera=CreateCamera()
MoveEntity camera,0,3,0
CameraViewport camera,0,0,GraphicsWidth(),GraphicsHeight()
AmbientLight 255,255,255
MoveEntity camera,0,0,-15
Global ninja=LoadAnimMesh("untitled.x")
Global walk=ExtractAnimSeq (ninja,1,12)
EntityColor ninja,255,0,0
ScaleEntity ninja,2,2,2
Const transpose = 40

;************** Main Loop ***********************************
While Not KeyHit(1)

Animate ninja,1,walk,1,40

UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip

Wend

I've tried to remake animation and model several times buti t does same thing every time. Any ideas?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
First of all, "Animate" should not be called in the main loop, but only one time, eg. right before the main loop starts.

Blitz doesn't support other X meshes than directX7 X. They only support rotate/move/scale animations of child objects. Bones or Vertex animation is not supported.

It may be most productiv if you use UltimateUnwrap3D and convert the animated X to animated B3D. You may be able to try it with the trial version, then buy it if it works. It is BTW also a very useful tool for UV works, and probably the only one that is capable of importing animated B3D.

You may also try to save 3ds in Blender that doesn't use any other animation than rotate/move/scale animations of child objects. I'd suggest to use other model viewers that are not based on blitz to make sure the animation is stored correctly at all.