Pass a Mesh from blitz3d to a DLL linked to dx?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Pass a Mesh from blitz3d to a DLL linked to dx?

Mr Snidesmin(Posted 2006) [#1]
a)

Is it possible to pass a mesh pointer in blitz to a userlib DLL so the DLL can then perform some functions on it?

Has anyone done this or something like it before? Anyone got any c++ examples?

Alternatively is it possible to create a directX mesh within the DLL and then pass it back to display in blitz?

or. . .

b) Am i being crazy?

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#2]
a) It is possible, the mesh handle is actually a pointer to a struct/class containing all the info on the mesh, now, one of the fields is a pointer to the D3D mesh. I would talk to Tom, his MemoryLib.dll allowed you to access entity info...he might know.
b)Depends on you knowledge of memory and C++...

Mr Snidesmin(Posted 2006) [#3]
Cool. . . this is what i was hoping to hear!

My c++ is beginner level but I can very quickly learn a new language and I am very familiar with pointers and memory and OO programming. Just not so familiar with DirectX programming so this should be fun and interesting to learn. . .

Now, who is this Tom person of which you speak? (Sorry if I should know - I'm so rarely on these boards these days!)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
I guess there's only one Tom here? You may find him in the userlibs section. He did a lot of dx stuff.

You may take a look on the "how to hack properties..." (or similar) in the Blitz3D tutorial section. It shows how to read the RAM using absolute adresses, as well as how to use magic number tags to determine the adresses of certain properties.