Enable stereo flipping move for stereo glasses

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Enable stereo flipping move for stereo glasses

andy_mc(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all,

there was some chat a while ago about using VR headsets with blitz. How do I enable page flipping in Blitz3D programs? I'm taking delivery of a Z800 headset tomorrow and am hoping to get it working with Blitz asap.

andy_mc(Posted 2006) [#2]
nm, has to be full screen to work.

b32(Posted 2006) [#3]
I use the NVidia stereo drivers with Blitz3D. They work really well, both on shutter glasses as on the headset. I don't know if you are using them or did you found anything else ? Sometimes I found it difficult to install them correctly. Both the graphic and the stereo drivers need to have the same version number.

andy_mc(Posted 2006) [#4]
I've got the stereo drivers installed and they seem to be working properly (obviously it looks shit without the headset :-) )
Does anyone know how to access the headset tracking through blitz without using mouse emulation? So I can use the mouse and headset tracking seperatly?

b32(Posted 2006) [#5]
Maybe the tracker has a Joystick emulation mode, too ?

andy_mc(Posted 2006) [#6]
yeah, someone's released one recently, so there would be the option for mouse for body movement then use the joystick emulation for head movement.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#7]
Telesto,

Yeah use any of the "look using the mouse" code in the archives. You should find it all works sweetly.

We did this a couple of years ago, using nVidia drivers, lcd glasses, VR headsets and anaglyph glasses. They all worked without a hitch. The VR headsets give fantastic potential, but are quite costly.

IPete2.

andy_mc(Posted 2006) [#8]
Well I managed to get a Z800 for £300 so I thought I'd have a play around with it.

Had a go on Dactyl nightmare fifteen years ago and have been desperate to get into VR since then.