Particles, plz help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Particles, plz help

David819(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello,
I've currently been messing around in maya with the particle system built into it, and i've now wanted to try and make a similar system in blitz but i'm having trouble finding the information i want on different particles like fire, does anyone know where i can find proper physics information on fire and other elements that would be usuful to a programmer to try and make photo realistic fire? I've had a look round and only found one or two things that will partly help me with this like wot shape a particle of fire is, not can't find any other information, can anyone help plz.
Thanks

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Such effects are not possible in realtime. They need several tousand particles which is inacceptable in a game.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
Use Particle Candy.

Shambler(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thumbs up for Particle Candy.

David819(Posted 2006) [#5]
ok, i'm kind of not planning on using them in games atm, just want to be able to implement it for future ideas, and also maybe for things like xbox 360 and ps3 like a particle tech demo's etc, i understand how much memory it would take up to be able to make such an effect realtime, but i can settle for a frame based system for the moment. sorry for the confusion, but if anyone know's where i can obtain such info plz can u point me in the right direction.
Thanks again.

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#6]
another vote for Particle Candy. Plus there are a couple of free wysiwyg editors for it too.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
..is this fire example good enough for you??

http://s6.quicksharing.com/v/9763196/Fire_Sample.zip.html