16:9 Ratio

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/16:9 Ratio

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
hey guys, how to create such a in game feeling like 16:9 ratio, such as movies? I tried scaleentity over my main camera but I got just black screen, and thats it...any suggestions?

Rroff(Posted 2006) [#2]
You could just draw 2 black rectangles at the top and bottom of the screen? you can probably use widescreen modes if supported by the display adapter but most people wouldn't have them setup correctly unless they had a widescreen display.

EDIT: DOH!!! I wasn't thinking - you could just use cameraviewport to do the same thing.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
I use to think about those black rectangles, but far as I know someone did that without involving any additional sprites, or quads over screen in order to achieve such a thing..I just cant find in archives...sighhh

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Jupp, Rroff is right.

CLS with black and then alter the cameraviewport should do the trick :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
well rectangles are no sprites or quads, simple 2D rectangles. But as people say, better use CameraViewPort, this will also allow the renderer to skip rendering the two bars and therefor run faster.

Personaly I think it's a nice effect for cutscenes.

Morbius(Posted 2006) [#6]
See Tom's post here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61245#706577