Devil Physic Engine 0.3b

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Devil Physic Engine 0.3b

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#1]
hello!

i am currently working on a physic engine based on blitzODE!
if you like blitzODE, you will also like the devil physic engine!

http://www.dc.chat-blitz.de/devilengines/Downloads/DPE_0.3b.zip
check out my worklog for further screens and informations!

feel free to use it whereever you want :)

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hey, another great system devil :P thanks for releasing it

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#3]
oh, glad you are happy :)
i will hang on developing it!

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#4]
Cant wait :P make sure you make a car demo!

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#5]
looks great so far. maybe i'll integrate this into my game.

puki(Posted 2006) [#6]
Excellent - don't forget to make a lighting system.

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#7]
weetbix: a car demo is a good idea. i will make a 'user interface'.

in my shadow system i have done the user interface for easier handeling shadow casters and receivers and for easier waters.

in the user interface of this physic engine there will be functions like

CreateChain(x#, y#, z#, segments = 10)
CreateBody(x#, y#, z#, attach_to_space)
CreateCar(...)
UpdateCar(...)

puki:
what do you mean by that? 'lightning'?? you mean combine this with my shadow system?
this is pretty easy. i have already done this a certain time ago :)

cya :)

stayne(Posted 2006) [#8]
See if you can get the car to hold a powerslide. PLEASE.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#9]
Devil, the idea about the easy commands is just great for everything else but a car. The creater needs to tweak so many components of the car to get what they want usually so a simple "createcar" function would harm the functionality.

Maybe if you wanted to keep it simple, you could create a text doc with default car settings in it. Then the command would be somthing like "Createcar("default.txt"). SO this way you could have lots of different configs for the cars and it would also be easy for the creater to modify.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#10]
Although I used to say it was possible, my idea of a powerslide never really stood up- in our racing demo the car could be made to "powerslide" around corners if you hit them at high speed, and you could hold it a while, but not much more than just that.

it's quite hard to get ODE to do this, and requires some playing with the simulation (or Cheating the simulation) to get right. I forget the commands you use in ODE to get it working now- sorry :)

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#11]
weetbix: the idea of the car file is good, i will do that!!
but i'm not sure about if anti-powersliding will work...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#12]
WeekBix,

My racer has "Car files" :) they're a great way to make any game modable with extra vehicles. :)

stayne(Posted 2006) [#13]
This is why I'm interested in powersliding:

I've you've ever played World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars, you'll know what I mean. What a rush :).

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#14]
Cygnus, right now I'm trying to implement it into a little thing Iv got going but its not working. My text doc has "wheelsize = 20" written in it, and i cant readint(the document) because it types some random number, the best iv gotten is read string thats the only thing that gives me something like "wheelsize = 20".

So how do I get just the integra or edit the string so it only includes the integra?

Play(Posted 2008) [#15]
Devil Child: And what's going on with that CreateCar function ? :)