Movie problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Movie problem

Afke(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am making the 2d game end it looks as 3d game and I nead to have control of movie playing becouse of sinhronization with sprites and simulating of coallizion with cars on movie .It works well but somethimes I dont know why movie make jump and then I HAVE PROBLEM WITH SINHRONIZATION I MADE.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
If the movie jumps its quality is too high for your system and you might need to use smaller size (AVI - not DIVX / XVID or some other high compression!-, 320x240 should work on low end systems).

Afke(Posted 2006) [#3]
I use mpg it is optimised and my system is 3.0g processor and graphics Nvidia 7900 I tihink that is not the problem but thanks for your help

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
It may be some background programs that are accessing the harddisk and interrupting the movie player. Depending on the filesize it won't be fully cached. Maybe there are settings for the cache buffer size, but I'm afraid the user inteface is designed for beginners only and no such feature was implemented. Probably depends on the Decoder.

Afke(Posted 2006) [#5]
thanks for your help

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
afko: you forget some point. Thats that Blitz apps try to get 100% cpu so there is not that much left for video decompression, no mather if 1ghz or 10ghz. So unless you have a multicore system (which you obviously do not have), another try might be the addition of delay(1) to give some CPU time to the decoder. If your app runs on time difference base, this shouldn't make a difference to the rest of the code.

(hope with optimized you don't mean h.264 because this would be a different thing. your card has no hardware decoder for this compression (only 7600GT, 7800GT and 7900GT as well as the Go of those 3 have it) and thus it would take more than only 1 ms delays to get it going at realtime)