cumemapping Q

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/cumemapping Q

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#1]
hell!
i have got two question about cubemapping!

1. when i set a cube to be cubemapped, the cubemap flies away when i get near the cube. so i'm using a high-poly water plane for such things! is it supposed to look like this??

2. when i have a water and a terrain on it. the terrain doesnt cast reflections onto the water. its because the camera is inside the terrain. offsetting the water plane by positionmesh is no solution. how can i make this? because i have seen a few water demos, where it works and i cant understand how!?! am i stupid ;D:?

thx for help!

mr.keks(Posted 2006) [#2]
1. ?!

2.: where do you position your cubemap rendering cam? to get nice water reflections you should position the cubemap cam on the opposite site of the water. if the water plane is on y = 0 then use positionentity cubecam,entityx(camera),-entityy(camera),entityz(camera) !
but there will still be some trouble, if you have tris that are under the water plane.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#3]
1. I believe they always do that.

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#4]
i tested that allready, that i position the camera -entityy(entity). but it works as bad as now. i have tested both backface culling modes, and they both work bad.

my water plane is at 0,0,0; i have tested to offset the waterplane by

positionentity 0, 10, 0
positionmesh 0, -10, 0

and both directions doesnt work :(
i don't know what to do anymore

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#5]
hey it works!!!
THX :)

but there is another problem upcomming. [deleted, because solved:)]