Falling leaves

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Falling leaves

jvc(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

has anyone here implemented falling leaves under gravity? any pointers as to how to go about doing it?

thanks.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
..go here and download AMT LIGHTSPEED SINGLE MESH (for BLITZ3D)..and enjoy failing leaves at sample2..

http://www.amt-lab.com/index.php?page=products

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#3]
jvc,

you could easily implement this with Sprite Candy. Have an array of sprites and set them to move down the screen and use the wave fx.

If you want to see what I mean grab KeePeeUppy (a freeware game) and look at the falling yellow and red cards

www.boiledsweets.com/KeePeeUppy

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah and Particle Candy has a 'ground plane' which can affect falling objects, so particles, such as sparks can bounce, leaves I guess would just need to settle though.

IPete2.

jvc(Posted 2006) [#5]
Naughty Alien, i could not run it, complains of function
addentity_tm not found, any clues?

Boiled Sweets, KeePeeUppy free demo links invalid...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
jvc,

fixed. Seems like I screwed the KeePeeUppy index.php when releasing something else.

Thanks for letting me know

markcw(Posted 2006) [#7]
> Naughty Alien, i could not run it, complains of function
addentity_tm not found, any clues?

it uses a dll, so you have to move the files "single_mesh_amt.dll" and "single_mesh_amt.decls" to your "userlibs" folder.

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#8]
Just the decls, the dll can stay where it is. What I loved about the leaf demo is that it has a text message saying 320 fps in the top left of the screen and it's clearly running at about 20fps cuz it's jerking terribly, and the frame time is high.

So ignore the FPS, they're not true. Go by the frame time.

jvc(Posted 2006) [#9]
Naughty Alien, the 3D effects are good! $15 may be worth a consideration.

As for KeePeeUppy, i guess sprite candy is limited to 2d, but anyway it's a beautiful game. :)

Thanks all.

JoeGr(Posted 2006) [#10]
There's also this from the code archives. Its a snow effect but it could be adapted.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=961