Camera clipping problem?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Camera clipping problem?

jeffmorris(Posted 2006) [#1]
I wish to create a car interior for my driving sim but after creating the car in a 3D modeling program, exporting the car to 3D mesh file, and loading the 3D mesh into Blitz BASIC 3D, the interior of the car is clipped where the camera is. The camera is the driver's view. How can I fix it?

kevin8084(Posted 2006) [#2]
what do you have your camerarange set at?

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#3]
CameraRange Camera,.1,10000

Something close to that should work.

jeffmorris(Posted 2006) [#4]
Setting the CameraRange to 0.1 and 5000 works. I had it set to 1 and 5000.

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#5]
I would recommend rendering the car (interior) in a seperate render pass to the rest of your level (using a different camera range for each render pass).

Setting the camera range to 0.1,5000 isn't a great idea. To find out why look here:
http://www.sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/love_your_z_buffer.html

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
I agree with Beaker. ;)

jeffmorris(Posted 2006) [#7]
How do I have Blitz BASIC 3D render the car interior separately from my level?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#8]
You can use two cameras, where one is far away. So you can set individual ranges for them. Then use CameraProjMode to turn on/off the required cameras. (Make sure only one camera is active for Renderworld)

CameraCslMode allows to do an additional render without to clear the background.

Although, not sure if two Render passes are the best choice. While it's true that the range should be low and the near parameter of the range should be relative high (1.0 versus 0.001), you should also notice an additioal renderworld, even without any geometry inside the range, is a serious overhead.

After all you best compare the speed of both methods.