Scale the whole screen?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Scale the whole screen?

yours(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi I am making a 2d tilebased game, and I am trying to go for a gameboy advance type look, so I am making 16x16 tiles. However, they are way too small. Is there a way to scale the whole screen by two or three times at an acceptable speed, while at the same time not getting a blurry image? I have tried scaled windowed mode, but the image is blurry. I suppose I could scale all the images in paint to 32x32, but is there a better way? Thanks for the help.

markcw(Posted 2006) [#2]
there are many ways to scale images.

scaleimage() is antialiased so probably no help.
there may be a code entry in the archives for non-antialiased scaling.

em, are you using blitz3d, sounds like maybe you're blitzplus and posted in the wrong forum.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#3]
em, are you using blitz3d, sounds like maybe you're blitzplus and posted in the wrong forum.
You're aware that you can still make 2D games in Blitz3D, right?

There isn't really a fast way of doing it 'on the fly', but you could pre-scale everything after turning off TFormFilter which should get rid of the blurriness.

yours(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ah, that would solve it. Thanks Gfk.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#5]
Easy solution: make your app fullscreen and use a lower screen res, like 640x480! :P

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#6]
Why can't he do it on the fly in B3D? He could use a 16*16 tile playfield and copy it over to a texture on a quad/sprite that fills the camera's view.

smilertoo(Posted 2006) [#7]
don't just scale the graphics, redraw them as 32x32 tiles.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#8]
Im with Smiler on this.

If your graphics look too small, its cos they are.

yours(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks for all the imput, guys. This is a big help.