Any F-UI users ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Any F-UI users ?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#1]
I bought f-ui quite a while ago but only started using it recently to upgrade an application. I've had no answer to my emails requesting support and can't seem to find the fui forum anymore so I apologise for posting here.
It seems that there are quite a few "unfinished" bits to it and I've been able to sort out most myself.
I'm now trying to get the tree-view to work properly and before I start I just wondered if anyone has done this already ? Or is there an update or fix available ?
Thanks.

fredborg(Posted 2006) [#2]
The forum is here:
http://www.f-software.co.uk/phpBB2new/index.php

And here is mr. fui himself:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/showuser.php?id=956

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#3]
Have you considered using Sprite Candy. It now includes a rather decent looking GUI that uses 2D in 3D and seems pretty flexible. Might be worth taking a look at the demo.

Here`s the link,

http://www.x-pressive.com/SpriteCandy/

Download the SpriteCandy GUI demo.

Jason.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks Fred - Mmm.. last post on the forum by the author was in May 2005 stating an update with fixes for the numerous issues was a couple of days away - nothing since. Oh well. Any news on your gui yet ????

Thnks Jason - I've had a look at Sprite Candy and its very good - unfortunately I require list boxes,combos and tree views which SC doesn't have.

I'm almost there with Fui - just need to get the tree-view working - I've spent much more time modifying/fixing fui than actually updating the app !

Odds On(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hi Smiff,

I haven't received any emails from you that I can see, but that is probably because I've had to combine all my accounts into a single account due to SPAM, and the account you sent emails to is no longer valid.

I'm still working on F-UI 3D, but University and my Dissertation have had to take precedence for quite some time now :(

If you need any help, or have any particular requests then please feel free to email me at the address in my profile.

Chris

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi Chris - yes probably using an old address.
It's great to know you're still working on f-ui.
I've sent you an email !

Odds On(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hmm, haven't received any emails from you still.. not sure what's going on there?

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#8]
my favourite gui for apps is the BlitzUI! ugly but practicaly and full featuered + guiEditor

for games i am using XGui2(my own gui, not published yet)

Nikko(Posted 2008) [#9]
F-UIis dead, the website is no more... anyone could publish this GUI?

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#10]
It's dead when the author proclaims it dead. Until then, it's just unavailable to you.

There are many available alternatives - perhaps start HERE and see if there's anything suitable.

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#11]
I think its pretty dead when the author hasn't really mentioned much about it in 2 years and its like 3-4 years since the last update.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#12]
That doesn't give anyone the right to openly distribute it though

xmlspy(Posted 2008) [#13]
If you want a modified version of FUI source you can get it by purchasing Realm Crafter. You can get the source of Realm Crafter and along comes FUI. Permission has been granted by Chris Fuller to enable this.