BlitzGL - Here it is!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BlitzGL - Here it is!

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#1]
hello!
i have prommised you that if someone gives me blitzGL, i would give it to the community!

here it is:
-- Sorry, had to take this out, as it is not 100% clear whether is was OK to post it or not. --

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#2]
CRAZY! But forgive my ignorance, what is this good for?

Whats the point of it?

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#3]
openGl for blitz3d! at first it is much more faster then blitz-builtin-engine, and there are stencil shadows build in, bumpmapping build in, and so on...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
What is bump mapping?
What are stencil shadows?

And does this library replace the entire build in rendering engine, i.e. could I take my game and replace all the required function calls or are some things missing?

Also is this library gonna to be developed further?

nrasool(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hey there, very cool, the examples are great, and you even included ODE physics as well, just checking the code now..

I love the speed test between normal blitz and opengl, the speed is much faster on that example :)

Well done for your efforts in porting over OpenGL :)

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#6]
i got it 5 minutes before and uploadet it for you! now im checking the whole thing out, like i did one year ago. but 1 year ago i lost blitzGL :(...

and i got some problems with it. if i run any sample, the program ends after i started it :/

edit: i didnt programmed blitzGL myself! www.ag-tools.com did it.

nrasool(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hey there

For stencil shadow, have a look at the following:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1378&gallery=&page=1

The picture should hopefully show you what is stencil shadow, basically shadowing a while set without lightmapping.. (errr i think) :)

Look here for bump mapping:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=30244

Including an example within Blitz3d example

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#8]
For stencil shadow, have a look at the following:
www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1378&gallery=&page=1
-yes, this is my work :) but it is to slow for real use, so just forgett it and see it as a demo

degac(Posted 2006) [#9]
Stupid question: the author authorized this? Or it is become 'free-public-domain'?
As I remember correctly the author want to sell it as a product...

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#10]
this isnt the full version, this is the DEMO, where the blitzGL logo is in the right lower corner of the screen.
this was for free half a year ago. but now there is no blitzGL, until now!

be tahnkful instead of bothering me with this!

JustLuke(Posted 2006) [#11]
"Bothering" you? You might be breaking the law.

For those of you who haven't heard of BlitzGL: It was a commercial replacement engine that was never completed. In other words, it is incomplete and full of bugs that will never be fixed by the authors. It was abandoned long ago.

Also, Devils Child is not the author - he had nothing to do with the development of BlitzGL. What he is providing is an ancient demo that he has found somewhere which he may well not be authorised to distribute.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#12]
Ouch!

degac(Posted 2006) [#13]
first of all I made a simple question, so you could be kind in your answer.
Secondly at the moment I can't download from the link (I'm at work at the moment)
At last, from you 'announcement' (and from the thread title) it seems a 'new' version of that product...
Dont' worry: I will no 'bother' you no more...

bytecode77(Posted 2006) [#14]
OK, maybe you were right. So I better took it out...

popcade(Posted 2006) [#15]
If anyone want to go OpenGL coding, ove to BlitzMax is a easier solution tho.