copyentity with animated, blended objects problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/copyentity with animated, blended objects problem

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#1]
Need some help.

I have a segmented animated B3d, which I've set to entityblend 3 (add)

I then copyentit this object 10 times, to keep surface counts low. However the copies seem to have their view culling all screwed up - some of the copies are visible as you would expect, but many remain invisible until I'm close up or have them at the edge of the camera's view.

If I set the entity's to normal blend, then they all appear as per normal. So it's definitely the entityblend that's causing the issue here (I'm not applying any autofade for example).

Any one had this issue as well?

Basically the copies

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Have you tried the CullBox command added in 1.97?
Because with animated meshes, it can happen that they animate "outside their cullbox" but are hidden as the box was too small.

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#3]
I'd give meshcullbox a go, but for the life of me I can't see any info on its usage/parameters?

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#4]
Dreamora / anyone

Can you give this test prog a go?

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~pajones/blitzbug.zip

It simply loads an animated B3d, makes two copies, and when you hit space, it sets them all to additive blend.

On my machine (Nvidia 6800GT), when I hit space, the original and copy1 disappear - which shouldn't happen.

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#5]
Has anyone given this a go?

If so, what did you get? Did you get all 3 remaining on-screen - or did two of them disappear?

It's only a very small download...

b32(Posted 2006) [#6]
It is strange, it does what you describe, but I can't tell why. I've tried loading other objects and even LoadMesh instead, but I don't understand what is happening.

MadJack(Posted 2006) [#7]
At last - a reply.

Thank you bram32

I can't work it out either - it's only a prob with copying animated meshes and only if I set the copy to entityblend 2 or 3 or if I set the surface to use an alphaed texture.

Now that I've confirmation, I'm going to move this to the bugs forum.

Can I ask what your graphics card is?