blitz .exe/non-debugg mode

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/blitz .exe/non-debugg mode

Bnesiba(Posted 2006) [#1]
i've been working on a program for some time now, and i wanted to see if some things would work if it was a .exe file

so i chose create executable it came up with a window saying my .exe would be slower. so i did it again, turning off debug mode.

when i ran the .exe it tried to go fullscreen (i set it to windowed) and then had the error:
"cannot set to graphics mode"
and quit

also, when i try to run my program without making a .exe and with debugmode off it does the same thing.

if i create a .exe with debug mode on it still has the error, but if i run it from blitz(without making .exe) with debug mode on it works fine...

i've tested the .exe on multipe computers and it still has the same error.

my program is using
graphics3d 840,480,32,0 

and 2 included files.

Floyd(Posted 2006) [#2]
That fullscreen mode will fail unless the monitor can be set to 840 x 480.

Mine can't, although I think it can do 848 x 480.

Bnesiba(Posted 2006) [#3]
the point is, its not full screen, i want it to be windowed like it is with debug mode on. i dont think my monitor can be set to 840,480 but those setting seem to work fine if debug mode is on.

Andy(Posted 2006) [#4]
You need to reread the docs for the Graphics3D command, because you are using the wrong value for 'Windowed always'.

The screen mode you are using(mode 0) will use windowed in debug mode and fullscreen in non-debug mode. Since your monitor won't accept your resolution(840x480) in fullscreesn, it doesn't work.

Use mode 2 instead.

Andy

Bnesiba(Posted 2006) [#5]
thanks,
that fixed the problem, i'd never created an executable so i always just used mode0.