Texture a mesh?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Texture a mesh?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2006) [#1]
can i create a mesh, texture it, copy it using copymesh, then add it to another mesh and retain it's texture on the new mesh i added it to without using brushes?

im using a tiled texture, if i use brushes it will increase the surface count when i use a different frame for each brush.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#2]
Have you tried PaintMesh()?

Stevie

(tu) sinu(Posted 2006) [#3]
yep, it has to be used with brushes though so when i create 2 brushes from one animtexture it still gives me 2 surfaces on 1 mesh with the same texture

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#4]
Addmesh will combine meshes which share the same brush properties but if you're assigning separate frames of the animtexture then it will assume 2 different textures, therefore 2 different surfaces.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do. Can you explain a bit more? It would seem to me that you need to assign different uv coords to each of the meshes so that the coords correspond to the individual frames on the larger texture. If you then load the animtexture as a single texture this will ensure 1 surface.

Stevie

(tu) sinu(Posted 2006) [#5]

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do. Can you explain a bit more? It would seem to me that you need to assign different uv coords to each of the meshes so that the coords correspond to the individual frames on the larger texture. If you then load the animtexture as a single texture this will ensure 1 surface.

That's what i was trying to do but just couldn't get it to work so resorted back to the method i am using now. I just want my mesh to have a single surface as anymore is a waste.