Telephone Comands

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Telephone Comands

Afke(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am developing the interactive game for TV
I nead to make Userlib for telephone interaction with game anibody have idea how to do thet
Thanks

big10p(Posted 2006) [#2]
Telephone interaction? I don't understand.

Afke(Posted 2006) [#3]
i will use telephon for playing game not keyboard

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#4]
well, one way of doing it, assuming you use tone phones where you are, is to plug the output of the phone (the speaker) into the mic socket of your computer.

Then write some code to check the frequency of the noise comign in from the phone. When it 'hears' a certain frequency, then the person is pressing a certain button.

Afke(Posted 2006) [#5]
yes but is it podsible to use modem

Afke(Posted 2007) [#6]
Somebody have idea how to take sound from card input and check the frequency .

I realy dont have expirience with that.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#7]
Can you state exactly what you're trying to do - then someone may be able to help. You want to connect a phone to your PC as an input device (phone keys), or use the PC to answer a telephone connected to a phone line?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
..hes trying to create interactive TV game where wievers will be the one whos controlling game..he want to create program what will recognize tones from pressed phone buttons...switching between lines will be in TV studio I assume, from where will be passed present active phone line to his computer..

I did similar things few years ago, for TV quiz ...best way is to create cheap A/D convertor and then plug it in to your serial port from where you can do whatever you want..it shouldnt be hard task with Maxtor circuits on market (quiet cheap) and good enough..

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#9]
This might point you in the right direction... unless Nauhty Alien is feeling generous with his code...

http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/30036/1.php

There is a thread on FMOD in the forums. You could use this to sample from your sound card.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#10]
You may also utilize the bass dll and it's spectrum analyzer. This way you can read the amplitudes on certain bands easily. That said, I am still trying to make this work with the mic source, right now it only works with a WAV file...

Andy(Posted 2007) [#11]
Googlesearch for DTMF decode. There's plenty of apps, libraries and hardware available for that purpose.

Andy

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#12]
Afko,

May be the best person to speak to is Nigel Brown - he is pretty much an expert in funny things like this.

IPete2.

Afke(Posted 2007) [#13]
First I want to thank to all of you
Sorry I wasn't here 2 days .
Yes I am trying to create interactive TV game where wievers will be the one whos controlling game.

Somethin like Hugo.