Have a look at this (animated model) would you?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Have a look at this (animated model) would you?

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hmmm - having a little trouble with the mp5 from this page. I can't seem to get it to animate... don't 3ds models require extra animation definition files? There don't seem to be any and ExractAnimSeq isn't getting me anywhere :/

If anyone fancies having a look at the thing (I wouldn't know which app to use to check if there even is anim data there) and seeing what's what, that would be swell. It looks pretty cool in my current distraction:

Rroff(Posted 2006) [#2]
you do have an updateworld in your code yeah?

I used this code to test it (quick and dirty) and it works fine... tho the animations are pretty lame...

Rroff(Posted 2006) [#3]
oh and press the keys 1, 2 and 3 to swap between the 3 animations..

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#4]
Well I've no idea what the problem was. I originally only extracted one of the animation sequences, so I just commented that out and pasted in your three extraction lines - it animated. Uncommented my original line, took yours back out and - it animates. Now I can't even reproduce the problem! (An unwelcome non-printing character in the code maybe?)

Anyway, cheers for taking a look. The firing anims don't look too bad, but "idle" is really "walking", which is preferable anyway. Fer free it's smashin'.

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#5]
the model isn't too bad but the positioning...oh my lord...it's aweful. Somebody needs to learn how to properly hold their firearm...

Rroff(Posted 2006) [#6]
can just imagine the accuracy firing like that huh :P

OrcSlayer(Posted 2006) [#7]
No kidding...

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#8]
Pfft. One in each hand :D

Rroff(Posted 2006) [#9]
hehe I was tempted to flip one and put it on the left...

Defoc8(Posted 2006) [#10]
are you sure your using LoadAnimMesh - a common mistake
is to use LoadMesh - which will not load animation or
hierarchy data..

jst a thought..ive fallen foul of this in the past..

Akat(Posted 2006) [#11]
1. findchild the mesh name
2. animate the child u just found

mesh = findchild(zombie,"body01")
animate mesh,...

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#12]

are you sure your using LoadAnimMesh

Yeah - I was dealing with it exactly the same way as the animated b3d's (Psionics zombies, there). I've just chalked this one up to the IDE.

1. findchild the mesh name
2. animate the child u just found

mesh = findchild(zombie,"body01")
animate mesh,...

Try it ;)

Akat(Posted 2006) [#13]
have to remember the name of the mesh in 3d package though... otherwise it cant find... is that solve ur probs?

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#14]
You can't animate the child, dude - that's just the model; it's the parent pivot that contains all the anim sequences. I solved this a few posts up by commenting then uncommenting the code related to the gun - wish I'd saved that version of the source as something was borking things up good style.

BTW, you don't need to know the name of the mesh if there's only one... GetChild(mesh,1) is reliable in such circumstances. If there is more than one child, but you want to apply the same code to all of them (say entityorder or entityfx etc) then you can still cycle through them without knowing their names:

If CountChildren(whatever) > 0 
	For childcount = 1 To CountChildren(whatever) 
		EntityAlpha GetChild(whatever,childcount),.5
	Next 
EndIf