Milkshape and Freeworld Questions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Milkshape and Freeworld Questions

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#1]
Question 1: WHY DONT MY MILKSHAPE ANIMATIONS WORK!!!!!!! I tryed exported to a .3ds and a .x! The stupid .B3d export is bad...

Calmly asking Question 2:

Does Freeworld work well with Blitz3d?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Its quite simple: Export as 3DS and X is possible, but you can't use bone animations then (with vertex weight), just moving and rotating and scaling meshes.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#3]
are you sure that's right D... if i'm not mistaken, i remember exporting some boned .x anims...

i think...

*** edited ***

it was a .b3d from Milkshape, not .x... it animates ok in Blitz3D, but... you gotta...

1- make sure the Anim button is unchecked when you are exporting from MS (you are not in the anim mode)...

2- make sure that your animate command happens once, if in the main loop, then check...
If Not Animating(stickman)
 Animate stickman,1,1,1
EndIf

3- it won't work (well it didn't work for me) without first calling extractanimseq() before starting an anim...
ExtractAnimSeq stick,0,22 
this way is cool because you can set up different animations for idle, run, etc... and play em back selectively...

hope this is of some help... i'm using Milkshape 3.1.7.4

--Mike

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#4]
(deleted)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
Freeworld working on the top of the OGL API , so there is no Blitz3D in there...export for B3D working well and I tried it already..

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#6]
(deleted)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
www.freeworld3d.org an excellent terrain-entity-lightmap editor, and much more..I'm using it some time already and i tell you, this stuff rocks..

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#8]
Wow...I've been looking for a good world editor for my new project. I'm gonna check this out.

Fuller(Posted 2006) [#9]
Is there a patch for the .B3d export glitch?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#10]
@ Fuller

what export glitch, i don't see any glitch... did you get the latest plugin...

wait a sec... i'm checking the dates of the lugin on the site and the one that i have...

be right back...

**** edit****

you gotta tell me which version of Milkshape you have?

also, what is the filesize of the msBlitzExporter.dll in the MS folder?

--Mike

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#11]
Fuller...go back to Milkshape version 1.7.6.

1.7.8 is jacked up atm. I had to do a google search for version 1.7.6 and installed it and everything works great again with .b3d.