3ds max lighting help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/3ds max lighting help

Grovesy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi there,

I have created a few objects in 3ds max but when i export them using the blitz plugin all the object have no shading etc, they are all just very bright objects.

Can anyone tell me how to add this lighting and export it for blitz, or anyone know of any good tutorials?

Cheers

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#2]
should be WYSIWYG if your using the B3D pipeline viewer. Just make sure you arent creating any extra lighting in code.

This includes ambient light, otherwise the lighting will be multiplied to what you already have in your scene.

One other thing to look at is in the lighting properties, set the light decay to inverse square and you have some control of the attenuation using the start spinner value as a range.

Been a while since I used B3D pipeline, since I've been having so much fun with Ogre in Bmax. But without looking at what you have done, one of those might be your problem.

ICECAP(Posted 2006) [#3]
Also make sure that you are actually exporting the lights with the pipeline, it is a tickbox somewhere there...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
maybe he talking about lightmap export from 3DSMAX trough b3d pipeline...

Grovesy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks for the help guys, i'm yet to try the suggestions but will try tonight.

Evak: Do you really have to not have an ambient light in the code? wouldn't everything remain black? and that would also prevent me using objects that don't have their own lighting!

ICECAP: I didn't notice that option i'll look tonight. Can you tell me, if I do that will it create a new texture for the object that includes any shadows etc?

Cheers