Camera FOV

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Camera FOV

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#1]
Anyone know how to change the camera FOV?

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#2]
This should do it ...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=676

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks Stevie, but it didn't do what I thought it was gonna do. =(

I'm zooming in on an area and resampling it back into the backbuffer to increase the sharpness of making lines glow on a cube. The bad thing is when I zoom in I lose part of the FOV and it doesn't cover everything on screen. Mipmapping is great but is causing me problems with this project.

I wish I could get 4 cameras to zoom in on where the camera is looking and get them into the correct perspective so when I reassemble them back with the backbuffer that everything lines up correctly. Kind of like using 4 cameras to zoom in to 4x then taking those 4 and rebuilding the screen for added clarity when dealing with bright colors on the sides of objects where mipmapping really makes them blur.

Hope that made sense...

EDIT:

Picture this....4 cameras parented to the main camera. Each of those 4 cameras is pointing slightly off center in their respective directions. Each camera is zoomed to 4x. Then you take those 4 texturebuffers and resize them and perspective correct them and render them onto a sprite overlay. If someone can do this I can have some really really stupendous tron glow.

It's quite a challenge to say the least.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#4]
It would also be a very sloooow Tron glow.

Maybe the issue is with the filtering. I believe Vorderman used a DLL to get his textures sharp on his stunt car remake. Might be worth asking him?

Stevie