Buy Blitplay Pro

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Buy Blitplay Pro

Barton(Posted 2006) [#1]
Buy Blitzplay Pro from where ?

Link for Order Site ? I have only find the free Lite Version to Download, but no a link for order.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi Barton,

Why not FREE "RakNet Wrapper 0.5"?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=50546

:)

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#3]
How tangentally helpful of you.

How about this link, Barton: http://www.blitzcoder.com/blitzplay/purchase.shtml

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#4]
From what i know BlitzPlay Pro is no longer supported.

You can try my latest raknet wrapper (2.483)
from the link above.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#5]
Are you going to do a Mac version?

You could call it iRakNet.

.... or then again, perhaps not.

Barton(Posted 2006) [#6]
RakNet is good , but read here the Licence Text for commercial use:

http://www.rakkarsoft.com/

When you wish to sell your engine or release your product, you may purchase a license at a fixed fee of $4000.

CodeGit(Posted 2006) [#7]
$4000 - killer

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#8]
? if you require no support a commercial licence of Raknet is $100

http://www.rakkarsoft.com/PurchaseSAL.html

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#9]
From what i know BlitzPlay Pro is no longer supported.

Apart from the fact John "Surreal" Arnold replies to any emails I send him - despite the fact I'm not even a BlitzPlay Pro customer yet - what about the dozens of users who have been using BlitzPlay for years? Perhaps they can answer questions people might have? What about the fact BlitzPlay Pro is itself written in Blitz? If you get stuck with something, and you're a Blitz programmer, you could conceivably work it out for yourself, without any difficulties associated with the internal workings of a DLL or its wrapper.

Don't get me wrong Kurix, your RakNet wrapper is very well done; but for $50 for unlimited commercial use and years of proven stability I don't think BlitzPlay Pro is quite dead yet.

PS: And yes, I accept I now sound like a total fanboi. These things happen.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#10]
What I'm after is consistent and proven product. What games have been released that use BlitzPlay Pro?

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#11]
That's a good question. I know many have, because they've said so, but I can't recall the names of any off the top of my head.

I think I'll start a thread and ask. :o)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#12]
I think Blitzplay Pro is one of the most reliable network libraries for blitz. Surreal went a long way from the early Blitzplay freeware to BlitzPlay Pro. Also, it is dedicated for blitz basic, including a multithreaded GNET interface for liquid gameplay on all machines including the host. And as Lineof7 said, it comes with the blitz sourcecode, so you may mod it at any time without to learn C++ first.

You may use Blitzplay lite if you want something for free, but supporting Surreal surely isn't the worst idea.

And Barton, please don't crosspost. (Eine Frage immer nur an einem Ort stellen).

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#13]
I bought and used blitzplaypro at the first time. But i got some troubles i couldn't live with... so i changed to Raknet...

Barton(Posted 2006) [#14]
Who is the programmer of Blitzplay ?

I have Buy Blitzplay about Paypal but I have not get any Download Link for this.The developer does not reply to mails.

If the developer is here, then I ask for contact !!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#15]
His Nickname was Surreal in this forum. I am surprised the download doesn't work. With Shareit it's up to Shareit to host the file. Not sure if it's the same with PayPal.

If you cannot find him you may ask PayPal for his contact adress, and if there is still no solution then ask for refund directly from PayPal.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#16]
Paypal doesn't work like ShareIt does. The vendor gets a notification e-mail that a payment has been made. Its then the vendor's responsibility to get the product to the customer.

Surreal doesn't rip people off. He's probably gone away on holiday or something.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#17]
Of course he doesn't rip people off. I only hope he's ok. I mean, you never know. Maybe he was kidnapped. Or codenapped.

LineOf7s(Posted 2006) [#18]
Codenapped? o_O

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#19]
Surreal is a great coder. It is a pity he has not develop blitzplay pro anymore...

I hope he is well :)

stayne(Posted 2006) [#20]
wrong thread