How to apply Bump and Specular maps?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How to apply Bump and Specular maps?

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a color map that has a bump and specular map also. What's the best method to also apply the bump and specular map on the object so it looks how it was intended?

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#2]
Also has anyone used a cubemap on a simple CreatePlane()?

Tom(Posted 2006) [#3]
This is from the DX7 SDK, www.tomspeed.com/bumpearth.zip
It's a feature not utilized in B3D, kinda like environmental bumpmapping.

But for the same bottlenecks here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=59602 I could probably get this method working from a DLL.

It was dzzling back in the day, but it still looks good and it's all done on the GPU, shame B3D aint using it.

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#4]
My main goal here is to create some nice water with animated waves (on the texture) by just using one CreatePlane(). Bump mapping and some specular highlights would be nice. I'm just starting to research this so pardon if I speak in error.

Still trying to get the cubemap thing going and make it look like there's waves in it.

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#5]
There was an example of a bump (well normal) mapped torch effect knocking about - it didn't light walls properly (the opposing sides would be shadowed in a reverse fashion) but the floor looked fine and would be suitable for such purposes.

I think this is the right thread, although the links are now dead.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#6]
Re-uploaded that stuff. Sorry i took it down whilst sorting out my web space a bit.

www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/normalmapping1.zip

www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/normalmapping.zip

www.rosscrooks.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/normalmapping_1.zip