ODE Physics Library

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/ODE Physics Library

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#1]
For a few years now (about 4), I've mirrored the ODE physics library for B3D, the domain it's being hosted on will be going soon, but I'm leaving the lib there for a few days at least. If you want it, you need to get it now.

here

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
*cries a bit.

This little thing has bought many fun hours to me, and even gave birth to our Racer. I shall miss it.

Anyhow, Cheers :)

KuRiX(Posted 2006) [#3]
This is where all started... amazing...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#4]
I crown this thread the "Original Blitz-ODE Wrapper memorial".

VIP3R(Posted 2006) [#5]
Me tips hat.

Vorderman(Posted 2006) [#6]
*wipes tear from eye*

So long ago....I remember sitting on the sofa, adding functions to that library, getting excited as the little cubes started raining down....

Thanks for hosting it for all that time.

I've downloaded it and it's now on my new website, here:
http://www.jameskett.dsl.pipex.com/ODEInterface_Latest_Blitz.zip

Too bad the source code is gone forever, unless somebody happens to have it hanging around in an old dusty forgotten folder somewhere...?

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#7]
I have something called BlitzODE_0_52_b.rar on my HDD, it contains samples, but no dll source from what I can see.

Danny(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hi guys,
Sorry I've been away for a while and not completely up-to-date oin things. But from this thread I get the feeling... what? Is it just a domain change or is ODE history?????

cheers,
Danny

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#9]
LOL No, ODE is fine, just the old ODE wrapper Bertpotato [edit: Perturbatio. Wanted to say the former for a while now!! :P :P] was hosting has been taken down :)

Too bad the source code is gone forever, unless somebody happens to have it hanging around in an old dusty forgotten folder somewhere...?

Hmm, I will have yet another look, this source may be recoverable. Not sure it's on my drive anymore but someone I worked with when I was updating it may have an old copy. (updated to ODE 0.35 i think!)

I wonder which email acct you sent the source to.....

I'd like to add that although JV-ODE and Kurix' ODE stuff is way more feature rich, Nothing really compared to the ease of use of Vorderman's wrapper.

Not that Jv-ODE and Kurix' wrapper wasn't easy- they are, but Vordermans just, well, worked. And I had no idea what I was doing either!

Vorderman(Posted 2006) [#10]
Neither did I!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#11]
Lol, either way, your code gave birth to a whole range of new things for blitz, plus I don't know if other ODE wrappers would have come around without this one existing first :)

(Thanks for the two-three year headstart! :P)

kevin8084(Posted 2006) [#12]
the .decls and .dll (version 05b) can be found in this zip:
http://blitz.pp.ru/file/BlitzODE_0_5_b.rar

Hope this helps.
Kevin

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#13]
hehe, thats not the same version.... :)

popcade(Posted 2006) [#14]
I remember this... the freezing problem was not solved I think...

Usiong Kurix's ODE and it's pretty fine.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#15]
The freezing problem was unsolvd but could be avoided by the use of a good simulation environment. I used this wrapper in my car engine right through to the end.

Kurix's ODE is great- but JV-ODE is more up to date.