DrawAlpha command

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/DrawAlpha command

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#1]
I emailed BRL to ask if Mark could make, for Blitz3D, a 2D Image command that would implement true alpha, ie, we have DrawImage and DrawBlock, but they don't use alpha, so how about a 2D DrawAlpha command for B3D?

Also, while it's nice that BRL supplies upgrades for free, what if we could encourage them by paying a small, token fee for upgrades, like $5 USD (about 3.91 Euro)? BRL could use the money, I am sure, and it might make getting requests we make more likely to be done. What do you guys think? If 1000 of us pay for an upgrade, that would be $5000 USD or 3910 Euro, which will buy a lot of Coca Cola and Pizza for late night programming sessions, at the very least.

Scherererer(Posted 2006) [#2]
idk about paying for upgrades, but maybe they could add a "donate" link or something.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
5$ doesn't make sense, the min fee for a shareit transaction is 2.5$ if I recall correctly. Also, there's a little more than pizzas for night sessions they need. They have families and everything.
I would rather suggest to declare Blitz 1.96 as a complete product, then sell Blitz 2.0 as a new product, with some price reduction for people who already own the original Blitz3D "Classic". Then a few years later the same thing with Blitz3D 3.0 :)

But in the near future I rather expect/hope to see the release of Max3D. Personally with all my experiences concerning tools by BRL I trust in it as a new tool that will make my products better than ever. So I do not really ask for Blitz3D updates. I am also rather sure the sooner or later there will be code converters from Blitz3D to Max3D.

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#4]
I've said again and again on these forums that I would happily pay for Blitz3D again, if that's what it takes to keep BRL going and Blitz3D development continuing.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#5]
If Max3D gives all the functionality of B3D, then I'll just buy BlitzMax3D. But, I don't want to have to choose between one set of functions that I'll need B3D for, then another that I'll need BlitzMax for, then still another I'll need BlitzMax3D for. I'd like all my function under one roof.

And, I'd gladly buy BlitzMax3D if it will give me all the 3D functions of B3D (plus hopefully some more).