EasyTOK blind-man and guide-dog

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EasyTOK blind-man and guide-dog

Akat(Posted 2006) [#1]
hi guys,

long time no see man... ive face one prob with the concept now.. no code yet, just thinking on how to program this and that, but dont figure out how to do this yet...

actually i wanna make a game that we as a player who control the dog.. which is, our point is control the blind-man dog.. we are not control the blind-man directly, but we control the guide-dog to 'drive' the blind man behind - errr, if u know what i mean..

is there any way to code this? i mean, do i have to use something like EasyTOK for driving the blind-man with the dog infront? letsay something like put a chain from front-entity to rear-entity and we move the front-entity and the rest let the physic calculation do the job (in term of pulling the rear-entity)... or any other way easier? i dont mind to buy EasyTOK if that the only solution here..

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#2]

put a chain from front-entity to rear-entity and we move the front-entity and the rest let the physic calculation do the job (in term of pulling the rear-entity)...

That's a way you could do it - applying the forces to the dog and letting a mixture of animation and rag-doll physics do the rest.
I 'm not too sure if a "blind man and guide dog" would make very good game subject matter, particularly with todays politically correctness.
The idea is good though - perhaps a dog and sleigh - it would be easier to implement than a biped and it can be piled up with boxes etc that can fall off.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#3]
A blind man and a guide dog ? euh :) ? Strange but original
concept ! :)

But i have absolutly not idea to do this ?? Maybe you don't
need easytok ? because with some commmand like entitydistance
you can control the blind man from dog moving ? and next use
3DS animation ?

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yea, I would say that making a game that isn't 'politically correct' has some advantages. Looks at that JFK Sniper simulation, that was very basic, yet got news coverage all around the world.

Akat(Posted 2006) [#5]
wo... its going to be heavy matter now - politics involving :) btw, entitydistance sound pretty helping but in term of 'automatically-naturally' drive the rear-entity, EasyTOK would be the answer... i'll buy it then.. :)