Dualview?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Dualview?

????(Posted 2006) [#1]
How can I set up blitz to use more than on moniter on dual view and not span mode?

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#2]
you will need to get Blitz to accept that a valid screen size is available to it - just fiddle with the spanned screen to begin with to get relevant sizes.

Then create a full screen app which uses the span mode, and break this into two viewports, it does not matter then where you place the monitors, they can be opposite each other - as long as an rgb feed can reach both.

The viewports will give you two separate windows (two cameras will be needed to show different views).

You could even stack em or rotate them if you wanted, you can position your cameras and rotate them to suit any combination.

IPete2.

????(Posted 2006) [#3]
ok let me clarify. I want to set it up so it take more than one moniter with out setting the copmputers defualt setting to span mode. Span mode causes me to many problems with my moniters I need to keep it in dual view and wish to have only one viewport.

Wayne(Posted 2006) [#4]
It depends on the DirectX version and the way they are programmed: prior to DirectX 8, windowed applications were never accelerated on secondary monitors. With DirectX 8, properly programmed applications will be fully accelerated on any monitor.

Add another computer and sync with UDP.