BlitzModeller

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BlitzModeller

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#1]
Here is a brand spanking new thread for the BlitzModeller Open Source project.

The newest version of the source will be uploaded in a few minutes. I have a few more things to add and some commenting to do.

*Edit *
Here is the link to the old thread:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55784

Here is the sourceforge page:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/blitzmodeller

NEW version is up .... its the Zip file.

It has everything you need to run the current version, and is well commented. Just unzip and run the Modeller.bb file.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#2]
Great Stuff, this will work nicely!

MODERATOR: Sticky Please?

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#3]
I tried uploading the latest zip with the NGUI to sourceforge, but have no idea if it worked. LOL.

I will wait till tomorrow morning and if nothing shows up I'll post a link to download the newest version from my server.

Baystep Productions(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yup, found the old one, but no new one yet. I'm surprised you actualy got sourceforge to accept it, they always decline my projects. But oh well...

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#5]
Riddle - can you put a link to the old thread (and the sourceforge link maybe) in your first post?

Scherererer(Posted 2006) [#6]
PCD Guy: The main thing about sourceforge is that you have to be very clear and specific about what you are doing. If it sounds like you don't know what you are doing (or planning on doing) then they won't accept your project. Additionally mention that there is some interest already, because that shows that it won't just be some dead project.

I got them to accept 2 projects (the only two that I've ever requested). One of them died though, and then this one.

--

Riddle: The new one is up, I downloaded & opened and it worked just fine.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#7]
Tomorrow I'm gonna start on the code to select 'objects' in the modeller.

I already have a function for this in my 3D RTS project that I was working on, so I will just take that and add it to the BlitzModeller.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#8]
Anyone know how to selecte multiple entities? Using camerapick most likely.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#9]
I just uploaded the newest version 0.0.0.2a.

I added in the ability to select objects, and then move, rotate, and scale the selected object. (One able to select one object at a time)

The selection, rotation, and scaling code is a little buggy.

I think that the selection code needs to use viewpoint coordinates (x, y).

The rotation code probably just needs to be smoother.

The scaling code needs to be uber smooth. LOL.

I will keep messing with it later, but I have some other things I have to work on.

You can atleast use this version to mess around and if you have anything to add to it then please feel free to do so, just make sure that you comment it.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
Is this thing going to allow people to create meshes from scratch? And is it going to offer operations like other modellers - vertex/face manipulation, extrude face, scale selected vertices, etc?

If so, I think you're taking on a monster of a task that I personally don't think Blitz3D is up to. Also, you're going to have to have some pretty advanced math skills.

I don't want to put a downer on this project, or anything, I was just wondering, is all.

Please feel free to prove me wrong! :)

Gauge(Posted 2006) [#11]
can we have a link??
can't find it

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#12]
Big10p:
I'm hoping to add those features and more.
I know its a monster task, but I think it will be fun.

Gauge:
Link to the sourceforge page is at the top.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#13]
Big10P:
Maybe Blitz 3D is more powerful than we give it credit for. Also, since this is meant to be a community project, combining our knowledge, skills, and programming creativity, we should collectively be able to do this program right, more so than any one individual can or could.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#14]
I figured out whats wrong with the selection code.

I will work on fixing it and posting up a solution.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#15]
Here is the fix.

------------------------------------------------------------
In Modeller.bb

*** --- Replace --- ***

if SelectMode = 1 then
endif

*** --- With --- ***

If SelectMode = 1 Then

If MouseDown(1)=True Then
;20 , 40 , 240 , 240
;260 , 40 , 240, 240
;20 , 280 , 240, 240
;260 , 280 , 240, 240
Local xpos = 0
Local ypos = 0
If (NG_MouseX >= 20) And (NG_MouseX <= 260) And (NG_MouseY >= 40) And (NG_MouseY <= 280) Then ;Were on the top left camera
xpos = NG_MouseX - 20
ypos = NG_MouseY - 40
CameraPick(cam, xpos, ypos)
SelectedObject = PickedEntity()
SelectMode = 0
ElseIf (NG_MouseX >= 260) And (NG_MouseX <= 500) And (NG_MouseY >= 40) And (NG_MouseY <= 280) Then ;Were on the bottom left camera
xpos = NG_MouseX - 260
ypos = NG_MouseY - 40
CameraPick(cam2, xpos, ypos)
SelectMode = 0
ElseIf (NG_MouseX >= 20) And (NG_MouseX <= 260) And (NG_MouseY >= 280) And (NG_MouseY <= 520) Then ;Were on the top right camera
xpos = NG_MouseX - 20
ypos = NG_MouseY - 280
CameraPick(cam3, xpos, ypos)
SelectMode = 0
ElseIf (NG_MouseX >= 260) And (NG_MouseX <= 500) And (NG_MouseY >= 280) And (NG_MouseY <= 520) Then ;Were on the bottom right camera
xpos = NG_MouseX - 260
ypos = NG_MouseY - 280
CameraPick(cam4, xpos, ypos)
SelectMode = 0

EndIf
EndIf

EndIf

----------------------------------------------------------

This will allow you to select an object in any of the views.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#16]
Has anyone else been working on this?

I'm just wondering cause its looking like I am the only one doing things.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#17]
Check out my editor, in the creations forum. It might help. Your welcome to use any of the code from it.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#18]
I can help you, though i dont have much exp i think this would be pretty fun. If you could fill me in on where you are that would be great. Also i am not sure which one to download from the sourceforge site. I dont exactly have tons of time to put toward any project really but i will do what i can for my country and my blitz community

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#19]
I think the rotation is nonintuitive. It's as if the center is somewhere outside the object. I prefer the object to remain centered and just rotate in place.
Move is way too fast and doesn't really follow the mouse and the scaling pretty much the same. Just some feedback.

Riddle(Posted 2006) [#20]
I have the scaling working better.
I am working on improving the moving and rotation.

The code that is there was quick and dirty to help get this project moving.

When I get it done I will upload it on the sourceforge page and get rid of the older versions.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#21]
[edit] Nevermind figured it out. I can help once you post the new code [/edit]